KAIST University in South Korea has unveiled its online application process for graduate admissions, inviting prospective students to apply for the KAIST University Scholarship for the spring intake of 2024. The renowned KAIST International Graduate program presents a range of fully funded scholarships for both Master’s and Ph.D. degree seekers. This opportunity is open to students from around the globe, offering the chance to study in the dynamic city of Daejeon, South Korea.
Why KAIST University Stands Out
Distinguished as a highly sought-after institution among international students, KAIST University supports scholars by covering all educational expenses. The scholarship duration spans 2 years for Master’s degree recipients and up to 4 years for Ph.D. degree recipients, depending on the selected program. To help guide applicants through the process, we’ve outlined a step-by-step application guide for the KAIST International Graduate Scholarship for the spring term of 2024.
check this article: Exploring UMES Land Grant Scholarships : Your Guide to Educational
Details About the KAIST University Scholarship
Explore the key information about this scholarship opportunity:
Host Country: South Korea
University Name: Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
Eligibility: Available for Master’s and Ph.D. applicants
Financial Support: Fully Funded
Application Deadline: September 14th, 2023
Additional Reading: Discover the Fully Funded University of Siena Scholarship in Italy for 2023-24
Financial Assistance Overview
KAIST University proudly offers a diverse array of scholarship programs, with all graduate degree courses supported by the KAIST Scholarship and KAIST Global Presidential Scholarship (KGPS). These programs are designed to provide comprehensive financial support.
KAIST University Scholarship:
- KAIST Global Presidential Scholarship (KGPS)
- Other Scholarship Programs
Benefits of the KAIST University Scholarship:
- Complete tuition fee exemption for 4 semesters (Master’s), 10 semesters for Master’s-Ph.D. integrated programs, and 8 semesters for Ph.D. candidates.
- Guaranteed monthly stipend: KRW 350,000 for Master’s and KRW 400,000 for Ph.D. programs
- Monthly coverage of national health insurance premium
Considerations for KAIST Global Presidential Scholarship (KGPS):
- Full tuition grant for 4 semesters
- Monthly stipend assurance: KRW 1,000,000 for 4 semesters
Diverse Range of Degrees and Programs Offered:
- Natural Science
- Life Science and Bioengineering
- Liberal Arts and Convergence Science
- Business (Daejeon Campus)
- Business (Seoul Campus)
For more insights, refer to the image at https://admission.kaist.ac.kr/intl-graduate/Admission/Notice
- Applications are open exclusively to international students without Korean citizenship.
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree is required when applying for Master’s or Master-Ph.D. programs.
- Proof of a Master’s degree is required when applying for Ph.D. programs.
- The majority of lectures, about 80 to 90%, are conducted in English.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
- TOEFL iBT: 83
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEIC: 720
- TEPS: 326
Request for English Proficiency Waiver:
Applicants meeting the following criteria can request an English proficiency test (EPT) waiver:
- Hailing from or having completed previous education in countries including Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Canada, the U.K., the U.S.A., and more (full list provided).
- Holding citizenship from specified countries and having completed academic qualifications there (full list provided).
Exemption for Citizenship and Qualification:
You do not need to provide an EPT score if you hold citizenship from the following countries and have completed an academic qualification in these countries:
- Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Republic of South Africa
- Republic of South Sudan
Similarly, citizens of the following countries are not required to submit an EPT score:
Exemption for Citizenship:
Applicants from the following countries are exempt from providing an EPT score:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- the Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Kitts
- St Lucia
- St Vincent
- Trinidad and Tobago
These applicants are not required to submit an EPT score regardless of their academic qualifications.
Save These Dates
- Online Application Period: August 24th, 10 A.M. – September 14th, 2023, 5 P.M. (GMT+9)
- Application Material Submission Deadline: September 25th, 2023, 6 P.M. (GMT+9)
- All required application materials must reach the KAIST office by September 25th, 2023. Postal address for material submission:
Graduate Admissions Team, KAIST
110, 1st Floor, E16‐1 B/D,
Daehakro 291, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141,
Republic of Korea
Applying for the KAIST University Scholarship (Spring 2024)
Here’s how to proceed with your application:
- Complete the Online Application Form, accessible at this link: https://apply.kaist.ac.kr/InterGradApply/
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $80 or KRW 80,000.
- Find the official scholarship announcement at the following link: